April 29, 2010

im just not perfect


Tonight I wish the tears would fall down But it seems nowadays they seldom do Only imagining the possible escape They could provide me with, it's true I am so tired of being strong and resilient But by now this front seems so real I have even fooled myself to believe That no longer do I need to actually feel But something, anything would be nice Tell me that this self-destruction will end I'm killing the best parts of me now Because the fake me is easier to defend No one questions the sparkle of my smile Or guesses the gleam in my eye to be tears Because how could this wide-eyed girl Ever be what she doesn't appear So go ahead and paint me a shade of perfect, If believing this lie satisfies your desires. It's not me who has to take the fall of reality When it's label of pretend finally expires. Broken hearts and bitter circumstances Have knocked me off my stool of overrated dreams And I still think a fairytale can exist Even though half of life isn't what it seems Do you know why cloud nine is so high? It's so that dreamers and romantics fall hard Down onto the concrete realities of life Leaving us reminders, all these little scars So that the next time we get to thinking Things could turn out like we hope and plan We look at our scratches and remember Most likely they won't, though there's a chance they can. And here I am finishing my sentences with hope Still searching for that one ray of sunlight. Maybe half my smile is actually real Because I'm praying that I'll be all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment